County Data Profiles The county data profile provides a variety of metrics for each county in North Carolina
Census of Agriculture: The Census of Agriculture is a complete count of America’s farms and ranches and the people who operate them. Taken every five years, the Census provides valuable information used at the local, state, and national level to plan for the future. The Census is the only source of uniform, comprehensive agricultural data for every state, county, or county equivalent in the nation. The Census helps show the value and importance of U.S. agriculture.
The US Census is mandated by the U.S. Constitution in Article 1, Section 2. The U.S. has counted its population every 10 years since 1790.Census results help determine how billions of dollars in federal funding flow into states and communities each year.The American Community Survey (ACS) is an ongoing survey that provides vital information on a yearly basis about our nation and its people.
Other Data Sources
- County Demographics and Data Indicators These data and map visualizations highlight demographic, economic, health, and educational information from North Carolina’s 100 counties.
- State Demographer The State Demographer’s Office at OSBM is responsible for producing population estimates and projections.
- AccessNC Gateway to various labor market information, including labor force statistics, occupational and industry projections, and demographic reports.
- LINC Log Into North Carolina (LINC) is an interactive data retrieval service containing historical information for over 900 data items and a variety of geographic areas within the state. Topics include population, labor force, education, transportation, revenue, agriculture, vital statistics, energy and utilities, and other topics.
- Limited English Proficiency The Civil Rights Division’s Language Map App is an interactive mapping tool that helps users find out the concentration of and languages spoken by LEP individuals in a community.
- School Data/ NCDPI A comprehensive resource for information about student achievement, school environment and student safety at the state, district and school levels.
- Agriculture QuickStats Quick Stats is a web based application that gives you the ability to query the agricultural census and survey statistics.
- NC Ag Stats Current and historic statistics concerning agriculture
in North Carolina.
- County Ag Profiles The profiles provide visual representations of the agricultural economy in each of North Carolina’s 100
- Environmental Data Data from the NC Department of Environmental Quality.
- County Health Data Book The State Center for Health Statistics creates the County Health Data Book on an annual basis to provide communities with quantitative data to support community health assessments.
- County Health Rankings The annual Rankings provide a revealing snapshot of how health is influenced by where we live, learn, work and play.
- CDC Diabetes The County Data application allows you to view data and trends of diagnosed diabetes, obesity, and leisure-time physical inactivity at the national, state, and county levels.