El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
The Extension Reporting System (ERS) is a web-based activity reporting system used to collect and report information about the accomplishments of Extension educators and the clients they serve. The data entered in ERS is used to meet Extension’s state and federal reporting requirements as well as to develop materials to share with our stakeholders to demonstrate Extension’s impact.
Access the ERS Application
ERS 2023 Updates
- The civil rights compliance reports have undergone a change this year. Rather than the reports showing parity as a percent, it displays the minimum number of participants or group members you need to achieve balanced participation. My intention was to make it easier to interpret. Use the feedback button in ERS to let me know what you think!
- ERS training is coming your way once I finish reviewing the 2022 ERS data…. new videos are being developed based on what I saw, both good and bad related to data entry this year. If there is anything you would like included in the training send me a message. For now the 2022 videos are still available below and the user guide and help menu has been updated to include any changes to the system that were made for 2023.
Thanks and enjoy ERS23!
ERS User Guide
User Guide Comprehensive step by step instructions with examples of how to enter data in ERS and run reports. Updated to include all 2023 changes to ERS. You can also access the user guide by clicking on the ? in the ERS system.
- Review ALL of the ERS outcome measures across all of the objectives to determine what metrics you can be collecting and reporting on throughout the year.
- Report ALL relevant outcomes regardless what objectives they falls under.
- Just because you report a particular outcome or if you report an outcome in an objective area does not mean you have to write a success story in that area or you need to have something in your plan of work in that area.
- ALL activities and events with a target audience age 5-18 are reported under 4-H Youth Development. Please DO NOT report these activities or outcomes under any other objective.
ERS Reporting Standards
Entering data into ERS should be a routine part of your job. It’s important that ERS data is entered on a timely basis to ensure that when Extension is asked to provide reports to our stakeholders, the data we provide is accurate. Review the reporting standards annually prior to using the ERS system. If you are an N.C. A&T Extension employee or you supervise an NC A&T employee please also review this set of guidelines to ensure consistency in reporting.
Program Activities Module: What is a Program Activity? (9 min) – This video explains the 9 different types of Program Activity Types available within the new ERS Program Activities Module. Selecting the correct program activity type is essential to correctly reporting your activity data.
Program Activities Module: Entering a Program Activity Report (12 min) – This video describes the data fields included within the ERS Program Activities Module.
Program Activity Module: Importing a Program Activity Report (3 min) – This video explains how to import your eventbrite data into ERS.
Civil Rights Reporting (2 min) – This video reviews reporting in the civil rights ERS module.
Volunteer Activity Module (3½ min) – This video reviews reporting volunteer hours and contacts in ERS.
Ways to Collect Demographics While Zooming
Using Zoom is a popular way to conduct virtual face-to-face training, meetings, and other events. To report your Zoom contacts in ERS you will need the demographics of your meeting participants. Review the tipsheets below for ideas on how to collect your participant demographics for ERS reporting.
- Reporting virtual contacts tipsheet
- Reporting Zoom contacts tipsheet